The Ronald F. Inglehart Best Book Award on Political Culture and Values
The Ronald F. Inglehart Best Book Award on Political Culture and Values is awarded for a book which makes a substantial and original contribution to theory and/or empirical studies in comparative cross-cultural research. This prize is awarded every second year and honors the best book published in the previous five years following the tradition established by Ronald F. Inglehart. Nominations acceptance for 2023 award is open till May 31, 2023.
Ronald F. Inglehart Best Book Award on Political Culture and Values recognizes original science research publications which both (i) develop theories capturing the contemporary zeitgeist and (ii) utilizes large-scale cross-national survey data monitoring culture to test the comparative evidence. The award carries a cash prize of €750, funded jointly by the WVSA and the Inglehart Family.
Submitting a nomination
To nominate, please email a formal nomination letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must include:
- Formal nomination letter including book title, author(s), publisher, and year of publication, and the rationale for nominating this book.
- Book as a PDF file (or arrange for the publisher to submit 3 paper book copies, one for each member of the jury).
- Links to any reviews (if available).
- Links to the author(s) Orcid number or online bio.
- An extended abstract in English (if the book is published in language other than English).
- Author(s) do not need to be members of the WVSA.
- The work must be a published scientific monograph by one or more authors.
- Priority will be given to books that examine cross-cultural differences using cross-sectional and/or longitudinal public opinion survey data.
- Books must have been published in the five previous calendar years to be eligible for the current awards cycle (i.e. in 2019-2023 for the 2023 prize application).
- Self-nominations and nominations from publishers are accepted.
- Edited volumes are eligible (but not textbooks designed primarily for use in the classroom).
Eligible nominations will be reviewed by the award jury. The jury consisting of 3 persons is nominated by the Executive Committee of the WVSA at the beginning of each award year. Members of the jury are not members of the WVSA EC. Nominations for the jury shall be made accounting for gender equality and balanced regional representation.
Award announcement and delivery
Nominations for the 2023 are accepted from June 2022 till May 31, 2023. The winner will be announced in November 2023. The prize winner will be invited to give an annual lecture webinar.
Schedule for subsequent awards:
||Acceptance of nominations opens
||Acceptance of nominations closes
||Feb 1, 2024
||May 31, 2025
||Feb 1, 2026
||May 31, 2027
||Feb 1, 2028
||May 31, 2029
Donations in support of the award
WVSA welcomes donations to support the award fund: Donate via PayPal. To make a donation via a bank transfer, please, contact WVSA Secretariat.